Re: st: graph bar, x-axis and dates

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graph bar, x-axis and dates
Date   Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:24:44 +0100

This is just a standard example or -twoway bar- and/or -rbar-.

clear
set obs 360
gen date = 144 + _n
format date %tm_M_CY
gen nspecial = floor(1000 * runiform())
gen ngeneral = floor(1000 * runiform())
gen ntotal = nspecial + ngeneral
twoway bar nspecial date || rbar nspecial ntotal date, legend(order(1
"special" 2 "general")) xla(180(60)460, format(%tm_CY))

Special points:

The height of the highest bar will be the sum of the heights of the
bars it contains. You need to calculate that for yourself.

In your case, your counts need to be constructed as

egen nspecial = count(special), by(date)
egen ngeneral = count(general), by(date)