Bookmark and Share

Notice: On April 23, 2014, Statalist moved from an email list to a forum, based at

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

st: Test for divifing sample

From   Hussain Samad <>
Subject   st: Test for divifing sample
Date   Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist:

I have a sample with three groups of households. One receives treatment 1, the 
second treatment 2, and the third is control. I can estimate the effects of the 
treatments using a model like Y=atreat1+btreat2+X+e. Now I want to estimate 
effects of treat1 and treat2 separately, for example,

1) I drop the households with treatment 2, and estimate Y=atreat1+X+e      
2) I drop the households with treatment 1, and estimate Y=btreat2+X+e

Can I simply do that? Are there statistical implications? Please help me on the 
tests that need to be done in order to do so.

Thanks.   Hussain

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2018 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index