Re: st: Static or dynamically linked install on Ubuntu 64 bit

From   Andrew Dyck <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Static or dynamically linked install on Ubuntu 64 bit
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:58:21 -0700

I also recall having some problems running the graphical version of
Stata on Ubuntu without making the changes Roland suggests below.
Stata would crash when doing things like pressing certain buttons in
the gui.

I do not know of a downside to running the dynamically linked version
other than that it takes some extra TLC to get it setup.

Cheers,
Andrew