Re: st: post-regression diagnostics for LPM

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: post-regression diagnostics for LPM
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:51:26 +0100

I guess that you are just using -regress-. You don't give any details
of commands used. Either way, whatever your model command, you can
probably just go

predict myprob if e(sample)
su myprob, detail
count if !inrange(myprob,0,1)

But you should check whether what you want is the default output of -predict-.

I wouldn't stop there. Two easy diagnostic plots are

rvfplot

and

ovfplot

The last requires installation of -modeldiag- from SSC.

The question is not just whether the model yields absurd answers for
your estimation sample, but also whether it would do so for plausible
values that you did not observe. That is trickier.

The Statalist FAQ requests use of real names in communicating with the list.

Nick