Re: st: data set too large

Subject   Re: st: data set too large
Date   Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:23:29 -0400

Susan L Averett <[email protected]>:
set mem 4000m
If you can't set memory high enough (but consider upgrading your OS or
RAM as necessary), you can edit the .dct file that the ECLS extraction
program spits out to remove any extraneous variables e.g. did you want
several hundred weight vars (all doubles)?  You can also downgrade the
storage type of many variables to byte, but that requires knowing
which variables are suitable.  Make sure you -compress- before you
-save- in any case.