st: Re: survival analysis with unknown censoring

From   lquadros <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: survival analysis with unknown censoring
Date   Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mr. Wagner,

All dates in my data is known (1988-2008).  However, there are no failures
in the period of analysis for some firms, while other firms have just one
observation and fail.
My doubt is the time duration of the observations that do not fail. In
Stata, firms are without any value in the cases there are no failure.
However when I run stset time, failure(dep.var) id(idfirm), the message
"PROBABLE ERROR" appears.
As my goal is to study the second entry in the market, for firms that have
just one observation and did not fail NO value is related to them, while
firms that have a failure in the first event has the value "zero". And if
the second event is a failure it has value "1".

Please, should I run other commands to avoid probable errors? Am I using the
right values for the circumstances that I mentioned?
Thank you very much.
Leo Quadros
Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona