Re: st: Is there a way and a seed reason to "double" preserve data?

From   Oliver Jones <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is there a way and a seed reason to "double" preserve data?
Date   Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:45:44 +0200

Hi Nick,
thanks for the quick answer.

The data sets contain up to 60 thousand time series each between 25 and 17
periods long, which amounts to an file size of approx 20 MB. The hardware
is an 8 core Unix Server and I use Stata-MP version 11.

Since I would have to save and use the data more than 60,000 * 5
(inner loop * outer loop) I thought it might be good to look a little bit
at speed.

Best
Oliver