st: how keep row variables even if they are missing

From   Abu Camara <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how keep row variables even if they are missing
Date   Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:48:12 +0300

Statalist,

I am generating about 60 tables once and I use the group format
in excel to format all the tables at once. But challenges come in because
stata will drop row variables when missing values exist everywhere.

Could someone help me with a way to keep all the row variables
even if they are missing everywhere (opposite of "concise" command?). I am
using both the
"table" and "tabstat"command of stata to run these tables.

For example tabulating variable "Country" and "Year". Stata will drop a country
like Somalia or Iraq because of missing data for all the years under study.
I want to keep the names of the countries even if they are missing so that all
my tables will have the same length and breadth (size).

--
Best Wishes,

Abu Camara
Statistician