Re: st: OIRF

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: OIRF
Date   Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:12:11 -0400

Max,
   You should read the Stock and Watson article
 on Vector Autoregressions. On page 103 of that 2001 article
in the Journal of Economic Perspectives,   they write that "
A  recursive VAR constructs  the  error  terms in  each  regression  equation  to  be
uncorrelated  with the error in the preceding  equations."
   Also, you might run the Granger causality tests
to help you with the answer.   For the OIRF, order
is critically important.
  - Regards,
        Robert

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.