RE: st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Statistica, S-PLUS updated

From   "Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)" <[email protected]>
To   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Statistica, S-PLUS updated
Date   Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:46:32 +0000

Hi Kit,

That's very interesting indeed! 1,407 packages on SSC alone is an impressive figure. I suspect that the growth curve of Stata packages would look similar to the one for R. Perhaps less exponential just because it has been around longer. Or perhaps more S-shaped over time. The one for R has got to slow down into an S-shape eventually.

Thanks,
Bob