Re: st: VECM model: estandard errors problem

From   Charles Koss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: VECM model: estandard errors problem
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:06:11 -0500

Thank you Mr. Samuels for the info. I will be more specific
hereforward. Let's say I run this code:

//Start code for irfs by vec command
clear
set more off
use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/urates
vec missouri indiana kentucky illinois, trend(rconstant) rank(2) lags(4)
irf create vec1, set(vecirfs, replace) step(50)
irf graph irf, impulse(indiana) response(missouri)
//End for irf postestimation command after vec

I need to obtain the standard errors to build confidence intervals for
the calculated irf's that are displayed in the graph. Stata can
calculate the IRF, unfortunately, it does not provide the standard
errors. Therefore, I do know know whether the estimates are
significantly different from zero or not. Concecuently, my estimates
for the irf are basically uselles since I can not statiscally infer
even at 50% level of significance since I do not have the standard
errors. In conclusion, I would like to know how to get the standard
errors for the irfs.

thank you,

Charles

--