st: re: nearstat module

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: nearstat module
Date   Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:51:29 -0400

<>
I have just downloaded the nearstat module and get the following message:

nearstat_calcdist() not found

How do I correct this

This is a FAQ. nearstat includes a Mata library. Do

mata: mata mlib index

or quit Stata and relaunch, and the relevant library will be added to Mata's libpath.

It was once promised to me by an influential individual at StataCorp that this would happen automagically as part of the ssc install sequence, but the magic hasn't happened yet...

Kit

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |   http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/imeus.html