Re: st: fitted option for predict with xtmepoisson

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: fitted option for predict with xtmepoisson
Date   Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:56:06 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 21/3/11, Tom Lubbock wrote:
> Using stata 10.0 I am trying to plot empirical bayes
> predictions after running an RC model using xtmepoisson.
> Something like Rabe-Hesketh & Skrondal 2nd ed section
> 4.8.3. The full regression command is:
>
> xtmepoisson legref_freq vetoes divided_senate
> very_divided_government year legprof_squire_final
> ideol_diff tenure timetoelection || state:
> very_divided_government vetoes, cov(unstructured) ir
>
> However the fitted option for the predict command appears
> not to be allowed with xtmepoisson. (predict var, fitted)
> produced (option fitted not allowed).

You can only add options when the help-file told you that
that is allowed (there are very few undocumented options,
and those that exist are undocumented for a good reason).
The help-files for -predict- are scattered as they depend
on what command preceded them. In your case, you need to
look at -help xtmepoisson postestimation- and than click
on the link to predict. I guess you are looking for the
-reffects- and/or -reses- options.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis