st: Obtain the direct and indirect effects to get the total marginal effects under recursive bivariate probit model

From   Sakib Mahmud <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Obtain the direct and indirect effects to get the total marginal effects under recursive bivariate probit model
Date   Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:42:18 -0600

Dear All,

I want to obtain the total marginal effects based on direct and indirect effects for a recursive bivariate probit model.  The model
takes the following form

Y1 = f(Y2 X1 X2 X3 X4)	...	...(1)
Y2 = f(X1 X3 X4 X5)      	...	...(2)

Where Y1 and Y2 are binary variables and X1-3 index various social, demographic, and economic factors that are thought to influence the outcomes.

I'm estimating the model using the biprobit command but I'm having difficulty calculating the direct and indirect effects to get the total marginal effects. I am mainly interested in E[Y1|Y2,X2,X1]=Prob[Y1=1].

I would be glad if you can provide any suggestions/ feedback regarding my inquiries.

Sakib
PhD Student
University of Wyoming