st: Re: How should I treat my dataset???Paneldata/cross section/clustering

From   ajita <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: How should I treat my dataset???Paneldata/cross section/clustering
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:51:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jan,
    I have other variables that are time invariant such as attributes of the
houses (no of beds, no of baths)  location attributes such as the distance
to nearest river, lakes, railroads,school etc..I have community fixed effect
(11 communities) I pooled the data and ran OLS and it works fine...But I was
trying to treat the data as panel using community as id and saleyear as time
variable but I got an error message "time variables repeated within panels".
Therefore I was trying to get second opinion to whether pooling the data and
running the OLS is enough to determine the effect of X on Y or is there any
method that will make my results more accurate.

Thank You
Ajita