Re: st: RE: Saving first-stage y_hat from xtivreg2

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Saving first-stage y_hat from xtivreg2
Date   Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:27:33 +0000

Thanks Mark.

Do you think I can construct id dummies for each i - so it is no longer a panel, but a time series with time-invariant dummies - and use ivreg2?

So the model is now:

ivreg2 gmm y1 x1 x2 x3 dum1 dum2... (y2 = z1), first savefirst

estimates restore _ivreg2_y2

predict pred_y2

Will the predicted values of y2 be consistent and unbiased?
Will the loss of efficiency be great?

Thanks again, May