st: (inget ämne)

From   Tharshini Thangavelu <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: (inget ämne)
Date   Mon, 07 Mar 2011 13:48:52 +0100

Dear,

I have to produce the following command in STATA for 90 countries. Instead
of copying the command here below 90 times, I would like to change the
command so that I just need to do this one time, like a loop so that it
takes all the 90 countires.
Now I have done for 20 countries separately, but doing this for 70 more
countries seems very inefficiency and unproductive.

roa is the variable which denotes the return of asset.

sum roa if id ==20,d
gen avkas =.
replace avkas = roa if id==20
gen roa20 = avkas if avkas <= 14.167 & avkas > -14.665
drop avkas

Thanks for the help!