st: Need help to create variable from list of qualitative variables

From   prakash singh <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Need help to create variable from list of qualitative variables
Date   Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:09:30 +0530

Dear stata lister hello

I need some help in creating a variable

Here is my query
I have six qualitative variable with two options (yes/no) in each
question. Now, I want to create a variable using these six variable
such that the new variable will have value equal to one if for all the
six variables option is yes, then new variable will have value equal
to two if for any five variables option is yes and no for any one of
these.... and so on.

Please let me know if my question is ambiguous or lacks clarity
please help me

Thanks
Prakash