Re: st: Exporting tables to Excel

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Exporting tables to Excel
Date   Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:24:49 +0000

<>

Sorry I should have asked you to run:    ls    "C:\ado\folder11\"
with just the path, not the name of the file included -- this doesn't help us much here since  "C:\" probably exists.

This error still stems from the problem that you cannot (probably because you don't have permissions ) save this file to "C:\".  I just ran your exact same code on a colleague's Windows XP Server 2003 machine (I use Mac OSX) and I got the same error you did because permissions to write files directly to "C:\" is restricted on his machine, but when I changed the path to his "mydocuments" folder or "C:\ado\" it ran just fine.    Assuming your present working directory (type -pwd- to check this)  is not "C:\", you could also try just saving your file without specifying the path.

- Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute