Re: st: "cmp" command and rho LR test statistic for SUR bivariate probit model

From   David Quinn <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "cmp" command and rho LR test statistic for SUR bivariate probit model
Date   Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:58:06 -0500

Thanks, Maarten.  Sorry, I am kind of new to writing my own STATA
code, so I didn't know what -est store- was doing. I know you're
comparing the two models via a LR test, but I wasn't exactly sure
that's what was going on with the -est store- command.  I now
understand that you were storing the two models.

My last remaining question picks up on the first one I asked.  I know
to do a LR test, you have to compare constrained and unconstrained
models.  I'm used to doing this with typical OLS and logit
regressions, though, where the constraints are something different.
So, for clarification purposes: you will always set rho to 0 for the
constrained model when doing a LR test using heckprob, biprobit, etc.?
 In other words, to do the LR test, the value that goes in parentheses
after atanh will still always be 0, not the value of rho reported by
-cmp- (or -heckprob- or -biprobit-, etc.), right?  Let's say -cmp-
reported the value of rho to be .4567.  In this case, when doing the
LR test, the value that goes in parentheses after atanh will still be
0, not .4567.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
--Dave