Re: st: Test of independence of errors in logistic regression

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Test of independence of errors in logistic regression
Date   Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:11:00 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 3/3/11, Kouji Asakura wrote:
> Is there a test available in Stata to test for independence
> of errors?

I do not think that is possible. Where would the information
come from? Errors are not directly observed, but in logistic
regression the dependent variable is also not directly
observed. So now there is a double "moddeling layer" between
the data and the variable you want to investigate. On top
of that, a test of independence seems to me like a very
non-specific and thus not very powerful test even if we
directly observed the variable. All this together means that
I do not think that such a test is possible.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie