RE: st: FW: comparing xtregar coefficients across models

From   Lopa Chakraborti <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: FW: comparing xtregar coefficients across models
Date   Sat, 26 Feb 2011 08:18:24 -0500

Sorry, forgot to mention that I also reversed the order of running the two models i.e.-

Run model 2.
Save the beta in a scalar as:
. scalar b_pastyearseaavgwq=_b[pastyearseaavgwq]
Run model 1.
Run test as:
. test _b[lagseaavgwqfoia04avg3]=b_pastyearseaavgwq

The test statistic shows that the two coefficients are not significantly different from each other, in both cases. So, can I conclude then that the coefficients are not statistically different?
many thanks
Lopa

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lopa Chakraborti [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: FW: comparing xtregar coefficients across models

Thanks much for your advice. I actually came across this example on suest. But when I try to run suest after xtregar it gives me the error message that score variables are not available from my regression....to run the model with score option. I am afraid I need some advice on whether score option is available for xtregar.
many thanks
Lopa