st: graphing Kaplan Meier confidence interval band

From   Nicolás Rojas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: graphing Kaplan Meier confidence interval band
Date   Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:47:35 -0300

Dear STATA users,
                               I am estimating KM surviving
probabilities of staying in teaching. My data comes from a multi stage
sample so I need to use weights.
KM estimation with confidence intervals is easy with sts commands.

sts timevar, failure(event)
sts graph, ci

Very nice confidence intervals are plotted with ci option. However the
command does not support weighting. It is not possible to do:

sts timevar [pw=weights], failure(event)
sts graph, ci

Does anybody know how to do that manually??? Plotting confidence
intervals alone is easy if you use sts list. Howoever, I cannot graph
the colored bands.

Thank you, best regards,

Nico Rojas
Research Assistant