st: RE: Atribute variable value to String

From   "David Radwin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Atribute variable value to String
Date   Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:44:55 -0800 (PST)

Although you say the sectors are strings, the two example values you show
are numeric. Are they all numeric?

If so, perhaps you could (1) change sector to a numeric storage type
(-destring-), (2) -label- each value of sector with the name of that
sector, and then (3) use the extended macro function in the fashion of
-twoway (line Y ano), title("`: variable label sector'")-.

A recent example of (3) is at
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-02/msg00120.html .

David
--