Re: st: RE: using xtivreg2 for FE

From   Murod Aliyev <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: using xtivreg2 for FE
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:57:32 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks very much for your reply Eric!

Yes, the sample size is small indeed (it is actually a population of firms in
one industry in one country). Using OLS would make it simpler, certainly. I just
could not do the autocorrelation test with standard regress postestimation
commands (dwatson/durbinalt/bgodfrey), as they are for time series data and do
not allow panles: error message "sample may not include multiple panels". Is
there any other test that would be appropriate?

newey command didn't work either, saying "year is not regularly spaced". xtregar
does not test, but specify AR level, and I have no evidence to specify any level
of serial correlation. Moreover, xtregar does not do anything with
heteroskedasticity.

I was familiar with xtivreg2 before, and thought I might use it in this
situation.

OLS estimates are of course the same as FE estimates. the only purpose of using
xtivreg2 here is getting autocorrelation robust standard errors.

I will be happy to have any suggestions!

Best regards,
Murod