Re: st: Re: ntimeofday-- format and calculation problems with date and time

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: ntimeofday-- format and calculation problems with date and time
Date   Sun, 20 Feb 2011 08:48:25 +0000

-ntimeofday- (SJ) was a home-grown attempt to support dates and times
before official Stata did. As soon as StataCorp provided proper
support for dates and times, it become obsolete. Phut!

Also, -ntimeday- does not support milliseconds as units, but at best
as fractions of units, and although it supports a variety of
approaches to holding dates and times, it was not prescient enough to
set up Stata's approach before that was introduced.

Alison is converting to units of days and then trying to match to
Stata's units of milliseconds and that won't work without an extra
multiplication of 1000 * 60 * 60 * 24.

As Joseph rightly advises, use -clock()- directly if your Stata supports it.

Nick