st: Survey on income and program participation

From   Tharshini Thangavelu <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Survey on income and program participation
Date   Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:17:06 +0100

Hi,

Anyone who has worked with survey on income and program participation
(SIPP) 2008 panel wave 3 Topical Module file data?

I have a dat. file and a txt. file with codebook. I have made a dictionary
file with the extension dct. and imported into the STATA. However, when I
try to understand the data by using the command :des , sum

I noticed that the nr of observations are only 79obs which cannot
be........I must have done something wrong when I imported the data.

Anyone who has worked before with SIPP year 2008 or other SIPP years and
want to share their problems they confronted and how they solved it, would
be great.

Thanks in advance!