Re: st: Kappa weights & category detection

From   James Kirkbride <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Kappa weights & category detection
Date   Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:37:32 -0500

Dear Ronan

Many thanks for your feedback. I agree with you entirely and we are in fact using collapsed categories of diagnostic groups which make clinical sense. This is part of a training program to ensure our psychiatrists (rating case notes using opcrit criteria) are doing roughly the same thing.

Thanks very much for your salient advice on how to proceed.

Part of my concern with kappa in stata is whether it acknowledges all the categories (including those not rated) -- it was unclear to me whether this was taken into account.

Thanks again

James