Re: st: is Stata 11 32 bit certified / supported / working on windows 7 64 bit?

From   roland andersson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: is Stata 11 32 bit certified / supported / working on windows 7 64 bit?
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:30:34 +0100

Alan

> Although the 32-bit version of Stata will work under 64-bit
> Windows, it is better to use the 64-bit version of Stata on
> 64-bit Windows as it can access memory beyond 2 GB which a 64-bit
> computer can provide.

Is there no benefit at all of using 32-bit Stata on 64-bit windows?
Will I have access to the same amount of memory? Or will it be less?
Speed?

> Stata 11 licenses are operating system independent.  That is, if
> you have a Stata 11 license, it will allow you to install Stata
> for 32-bit Windows, Stata for 64-bit Windows, Stata for Mac OS X,
> Stata for Linux (32-bit or 64-bit), and so on.

Does this mean that I can obtain the 64-bit version with no additional cost?

Roland Andersson