st: RE: Non-linear regression

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Non-linear regression
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:48:18 +0000

If I understand you correctly, you do not have a problem. If you change some units from x to x/100, the corresponding coefficients will change, but not the predicted values. This is not specific to nonlinear regression. The choice between percents and proportions -- again, if this is what you are talking about -- is a matter of convenience and convention.

Hamizah Hassan

I would like to run non-linear regression by including the linear and quadratic functions of the variable. I just realize that if the variable is in percentage, the quadratic figure is higher than the linear figure. However, if it is in decimal, it would be the other way around and definitely it will effect on the meaning of the results. Could anybody clarify on this matter?