Re: st: Lrtest and lrdrop1

Subject   Re: st: Lrtest and lrdrop1
Date   Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:30:23 -0500

Unless I am missing something, lrdrop1 seems to work fine with later versions of Stata, it just doesn't work with factor variables. You need to create the dummies yourself, but that is easy to do. I am sure there are many user-written commands that still work and are still very useful but they won't support all the latest features of Stata. In the case of post-estimation commands like lrdrop1, you sometime need to run the estimation command under version control, since the internally stored results will otherwise be different from what the post-estimation command was written for and is expecting. e.g. something like

version 8: ologit y x1 x2 x3
post_estimation_command...