Re: st: Stata 11 64-bit no longer runs my profile.do automatically

From   Gary Longton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 64-bit no longer runs my profile.do automatically
Date   Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:53:11 -0800

<>
John,

Though there are probably several solutions for the location your profile.do (see -help profilew-), one that has worked for me in the context of 64-bit Stata 11 on Windows 7 is to place it in c:\ado.

c:ado should be in Stata's default adopath when it starts up (see -help sysdir-), though the adopath is one of the things I modify in my profile.do. Stata seems to find the profile.do here and run it whether started from clicking on a Stata dataset or starting from the Stata desktop icon.

- Gary