Re: st: obtaining R squared after xtabond

From   Anastasiya Zavyalova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: obtaining R squared after xtabond
Date   Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:46:25 -0500

Hey Nick,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have calculated R sq for both of my models after the xtabond estimation. They are both 0.99, but Model 2 has five more variables than Model 1.

For Model 1: Wald chi2(21) = 3664.36 Prob > chi2 = 0.0000 For Model 2: Wald chi2(26) = 3867.88 Prob > chi2 = 0.0000

How can I find out from this information how much more variance is explained by Model 2 than Model 1 and which model has the best fit? Is there a way to compare whether the two Chi sqrd statistics are significantly different?

Thanks again.

Annie