Re: st: How to use weights in a random effect model

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to use weights in a random effect model
Date   Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:30:44 -0500

-gllamm- ("findit") does random effects models and takes: 1) probability weights and 2) sampling clusters (i.e. primary sampling units or PSUs) that are not part of the model. A Google search for "gllamm pweight"and "multilevel sampling weights" will turn up related posts. You will find advice to rescale the probability weights if you are interested in estimating the variance components. HLM, if you have access to it, would be a good alternative to GLLAMM.

See:
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/research/tools/data_analysis/ml_sampling_weights
and
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/projects/addhealth/news/Investigation%20of%20Ways%20for%20Handling%20Sampling%20Weights%20for.pdf