Re: st: Tracking Replacements Made to Variables

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Tracking Replacements Made to Variables
Date   Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:02:13 +0000

On a different tack: note that what you did is just linear
interpolation. See -help ipolate-.
What you did presupposes that times are regularly spaced (probably not
an issue in your case) and it will only work to fill in gaps of length
1 (perhaps deliberately). -ipolate- will handle both issues. It still
leaves open the question of whether linear interpolation is the best
way to interpolate. Other interpolation commands include -cipolate-
and -csipolate- (SSC).

Nick