st: parallel process model in Stata

From   Shubhabrata Mukherjee <[email protected]>
To   stata forum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: parallel process model in Stata
Date   Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:19:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Statalisters,

  Is there a any way to do a parallel process model in Stata?

I have variables y_b and  y_b measured over 5 time points. I can perform a mixed
effects model on each of the two variables separately.

xtmixed y_a time || id: , cov(uns)

xtmixed y_b time || id: , cov(uns)

I want to see the effect of one on the other in one model. That is, I am
interested in finding out the effect of the intercept for A on the slope of B
and vice versa. Is there any routine in Stata to do this?

Thanks,

-Joey