st: RE: RE: scatter options in -ciplot-

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: scatter options in -ciplot-
Date   Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:36:55 +0000

Actually, not quite. You'd need to use the Graph Editor to get the c.i. lines the same colours as the symbols. Evidently, it wasn't part of my expectations that users might want different colours, and it's an accident that different symbol colours are allowed.

This reinforces the suggestion that with -statsby- you can design your own graphs.

Nick Cox

This is an ado which I last touched in 2004. These days I would recommend rather the approach discussed in

SJ-10-1 gr0045  . . . . . . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: The statsby strategy
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q1/10   SJ 10(1):143--151                                (no commands)
        demonstrates the use of statsby to prepare a reduced
        dataset for subsequent graphing

However, your desire for a multicolour graph can be met:

ciplot  price mpg weight length, hor rcap(lcolor(black pink blue green)) mcolor(black pink blue green) msymbol(S T D O)

Trelle Sven

I am having difficulties with specifying scatter_options in -ciplot-. I
am using version 1.1.0 of -ciplot- (written by NJ Cox and installed from
ssc) on Stata 11.1 for Windows.
I want to change the symbol and color of the markers. According to the
help file this can be done by specifying twoway scatter options. I type

* Example starts
sysuse auto
ciplot  price mpg weight length, hor rcap(lcolor(black)) mcolor(black)
msymbol(S)
* Example ends

It seems that only the first variable is shown according to the
specified options. I had a look at the ado-file but couldn't figure out
a solution.