st: RE: within estimator as "phyrric-victory" in corporate finance?

Subject   st: RE: within estimator as "phyrric-victory" in corporate finance?
Date   Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:33:34 -0000

Erasmo,

Short answer - no.  You've got it right.  All panel data econometrics
mainstream textbook stuff.

The classic article on this in the econometrics literature is Griliches,
Zvi & Hausman, Jerry A., 1986. "Errors in variables in panel data,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 93-118, February.

Cheers,
Mark

> I would appreaciate any reaction on this issue.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erasmo

registered under charity number SC000278.