Re: st: micombine

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: micombine
Date   Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:41:25 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 11/1/11, Elisabetta Petracci wrote:
> I am using Stata 11 and referring to the paper published
> on Stata Journal "Multiple imputation of missing values"
> by Royston (2004). Following the logic of the reported
> example, I need to impute missing values for dichothomous
> varaibles and then to run  a quantile regression on the
> complete datasets, considering m=5 copies of the dataset.
>
> "micombine" should work with command "qreg" but I get the
> following
> error message: "imputation identifier _mj not found"
>
> Why does this happen? Any suggestion to impute missing
> values using a Multiple Imputation technique able to run
> a quantile regression afterward?

There have been many follow up articles on this since. The
consequence is that there are now many versions of both
-mvis-, -ice-, -micombine-, and -mim- floating around in
cyberspace. If your commands are not in sync, or if you use
syntax appropriate for another version than the one on your
system, then you can easily get this type of error message.
Safest is to go for the latest version of -ice- (the
successor of -mvis-) and -mim- (the successor of
-micombine-). Both have been published in the Stata Journal,
the articles can be found by typing in Stata: -findit ice-
and -findit mim-. The latest versions of the software is
available from SSC, type in Stata -ssc install ice- and
-ssc install mim-.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis