Re: st: Data Interpolation

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Data Interpolation
Date   Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:28:06 +0000

Two general points:

1. You are explicitly asked not to send attachments to Statalist. See the FAQ.

2. Even if attachments were allowed, the assumption that Excel
spreadsheets are the accessible attachment of choice for Stata users
is inaccurate, not to say bizarre. In particular, many Stata users do
not even have access to Excel.

Please repost your question, explaining what is the problem using
Stata code, data and examples.

My very recent posting reinforces the point about attachments and
gives positive advice on how to phrase questions.

<http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.1101/date/article-4.html>

See also William Gould's blog entry

<http://blog.stata.com/2010/12/14/how-to-successfully-ask-a-question-on-statalist/>

Nick