st: re: strange foreach loop result

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: strange foreach loop result
Date   Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:18:47 -0600

.

Thank you all for the rapid help and solution.

Ah, you are brilliant. That is exactly what happened. Got to be careful about quotes in Stata. I had forgotten the quotes and was indeed comparing the variable contents rather than the variable names. Thanks so much for that. I had been staring at it for over an hour.