Re: st: stata results - reshape

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stata results - reshape
Date   Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:05:18 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 13/12/10, P C wrote:
> I have stata results that look like this (a subset of a
> very long list presented here):
>
> svyset psuscid [pweight=gswgt1], strata(region)
> svy, subpop(w1subsplflg): mean w1rbwtgrm, over
> (w1biomomagebbn)
<snip>

> The first line represents biological mother's age when her
> baby was born; the second line represents baby's birth weight.
> I want to put the transformed result into MS excel, and plot
> it with age on the X axis and birth weight on the Y axis.
>
> Can anyone help me with this? Or Stata can directly plot it
> for survey analysis.

Type in Stata -findit parmest-, and install the appropriate
command. After that, see the example below:

*------------- begin example --------------------
webuse nhanes2f, clear
svyset psuid [pweight=finalwgt], strata(stratid)
svy : mean houssiz, over(race)
parmest, norestore
sencode parm,gene(parmid)
eclplot estimate min95 max95 parmid, xlab(1/3)
*----------------- end example ------------------

Hope this helps,
Maarten

PS. I noticed that this is not the first post of this
question. Per the Statalist FAQ, this is not encouraged. It
is better to adress the reason why you did not get an answer,
rathen than just repeat an unsuccessful question. One of the
reasons why you might not have gotten an answer the first
time you tried is because you posted your question anonymously.
To quote the Statalist FAQ:

"It is long-standing practice on Statalist that most members,
especially the most active members who supply a large fraction
of the answers, post using their real names. This is one of the
ways in which we show respect to others. So we discourage you
from posting from behind fake names or identifiers."

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36