Re: st: RE: RE: do file: t-score, dfuller, to sw regress

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: do file: t-score, dfuller, to sw regress
Date   Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:18:33 GMT

Steven,
  If you are interested in optimizing the program, you might consider
substituting the Elliot, Rothenberg, Stock (dfgls) test for the DF
or ADF test.   The power properties of the dfgls test are far superior
to those of the Dickey-Fuller test, according to Madalla and Kim (2003)
in Unit Roots, Cointegration and Structural Change.
 If you have structural breaks or multiple roots the problem  of
power in the DF and ADF tests  becomes more salient. Bai and
Perron have written about this as have Dickey and Pantula. The
Zivot and Andrews test also in SSC might be of use here.
  This point was noted by Chris Baum, who suggested the possibility
of using the (urcovar) module in the SSC library, as the covariate
adjusted Dickey Fuller test at the Boston Stata User's Group meeting
a few years ago, as an alternative to the DF and ADF tests.
  Regards,
         Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor