RE: st: Stata 10.1 or 11.1 does not recognise // comment

From   DE SOUZA Eric <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata 10.1 or 11.1 does not recognise // comment
Date   Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:27:04 +0100

That is most likely the reason. I read the - help comments - to quickly and missed the beginning which says that there are several ways of adding comment to a do file !

I did paste the commands that into the "command window".

Thanks,
Eric

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
BE-8000 Brugge (Bruges)
Belgium

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael N. Mitchell
Sent: 09 December 2010 15:22
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Stata 10.1 or 11.1 does not recognise // comment

I believe this style of comment is only permitted within a .do file. I suspect you might be pasting the commands directly into the "command window", in which this style of commenting is not permitted.

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata      - http://www.stata.com/bookstore/dmus.html
A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics - http://www.stata.com/bookstore/vgsg.html
Stata tidbit of the week         - http://www.MichaelNormanMitchell.com