Re: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?

From   "Allan Reese (Cefas)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:59:21 -0000

"Michael N. Mitchell" <[email protected]> suggests
reasons not to uninstall previous versions of stata

   1) The older version appears to have no impact on the newer version.
   2) The older version does not take up much space.
   3) If something odd happens with my current version of Stata, I can
run the same
commands in the previous version and see if the behavior is the same in
the previous
version. (Some might say that version control would yield the same
result, but I don't
know if that is always the case.)
   4) I am lazy.
-----

To which I'll add
   5) The older version will include Do and ADO files downloaded (eg
from SSC) at various times or amended.  I've even been known to add
notes in HLP files!  After upgrading it may take me some time to recall
what has been added or amended, so best to keep all the old files just
in case.

Allan

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only.  Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender.  In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of the organisation from which it is sent.  All emails may be subject to monitoring.