Re: st: running simple regression on mixed data of cross-section and panel

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: running simple regression on mixed data of cross-section and panel
Date   Sat, 4 Dec 2010 17:38:01 -0500

--

A panel survey is one which deliberately resurveys the same units. My guess is that you are talking about repeated independent samples of a population at different times. If not, please provide more details. If so, the chance appearance of individuals in more than one survey is not an issue. Use Stata survey commands, and incorporate "survey occasion" into the stratum definition for the -svyset- command. For most repeated surveys, the study documentation will give advice about this kind of issue.

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island