st: RE: psmatch2 and p-value

From   "Colette.Grey" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: psmatch2 and p-value
Date   Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:12:35 -0000

Hi Ariel,

I appreciate you taking time to help me with these queries, I am learning and making some progress I hope. I have two questions about the output from psmatch2.

I have data for three years so I want to estimate the propensity score annually and match the firms annually and am using psmatch2 for this. Then I use the results from the three years together to asses the ATT. Yes, I do have more treatment than control firms. I am starting by just looking at the matched firms.

(1) What I have is a result below where RAW is the outcome of interest and TARG is the treatment:

. psmatch2 TARG, outcome (RAW) pscore (ps2) logit neighbor(1) noreplacement
        Variable     Sample |    Treated     Controls   Difference         S.E.   T-stat
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------
         RAWAWCA  Unmatched | .005222726   .015996705  -.010773979   .006727021    -1.60
                        ATT | .007248377   .015996705  -.008748328   .009040694    -0.97
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------
Note: S.E. does not take into account that the propensity score is estimated.

What I don't know form the above is whether or not the T-stat is significant, I need a p-value. Do you know please how I can get a p-value?

(2) The below is also printed when I run the above command:

psmatch2: |   psmatch2: Common
 Treatment |        support
assignment | Off suppo  On suppor |     Total
 Untreated |         0        140 |       140
   Treated |       293        140 |       433
     Total |       293        280 |       573

My question is if the above is calculated on the 280 matched firms or the 573 firms?
How do I tell Stata which I want, assuming I am able to do so please?

Any help would be great, thanks,

Colette