Re: st: Random thresholds in ordered logit/probit in -gllamm-

From   Kristian Karlson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Random thresholds in ordered logit/probit in -gllamm-
Date   Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:24:29 +0100

Stas, I hope it is okay with one more remark on the random thresholds in ordered probit/logit. I came across the following paper by sociologists Breen and Luijkx, http://smr.sagepub.com/content/early/2010/04/15/0049124110366240. They estimate a model with heterogeneous thresholds. They present a latent class ordered logit model with heterogeneous thresholds and locations (see, e.g., page 18). They model the threshold-heterogeneity by letting the scale vary across latent classes. They use LEM (http://smr.sagepub.com/content/suppl/2010/11/11/0049124110366240.DC1/DS_10.1177_0049124110366240.pdf). Do you think it would be possible to estimate that model with -gllamm-? As I see it, -gllamm- doesn't allow the scale to be random (but only a function of observed covariates, just as with the -thresh/ethresh- options, as you mentioned).
Best, Kristian