RE: st: Problem with bsample and simulate when estimating a mixed logit model

From   Poirier Julie <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problem with bsample and simulate when estimating a mixed logit model
Date   Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:24:43 +0100

In the bootstrap command, the wtp=(-_b[seasonal]/_b[price]) does not work. Stata tells me "command not found"!
Have you any idea about why it does not work?

Thanks for your help.

Julie

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Arne Risa Hole
Envoyé : jeudi 25 novembre 2010 12:41
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: st: Problem with bsample and simulate when estimating a mixed logit model

Hi Julie,

Why not just use -bootstrap-, e.g.:

use traindata.dta
bootstrap wtp=(-_b[seasonal]/_b[price]), ///
cluster(pid) idcluster(newpid) group(gid) reps(10): ///
mixlogit y price contract local wknown tod, ///
group(gid) id(newpid) rand(seasonal)

traindata.dta is described in
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0133.

Alternatively you can use the -wtp- module (available from SSC) to
obtain parametric (as opposed to non-parametric) bootstrap CIs. This
is a more practical approach given the time it normally takes to
estimate a mixed logit model.

I hope this helps.

Arne