Re: st: Extract a letter between numbers

From   Patrick McNamara <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Extract a letter between numbers
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:21:31 -0500

Those both sound like good ideas. Any advice on how to execute them
after install? :)

To give an idea of what I'm working with, I've listed a correct
address and some examples of address problems below:

5654 N Oak St Chicago, Illinois
56e54 Oak st Chicago, Illinois
5654 North Oak Chicago Illinois
5654 No. Oak St
5654 Oak St

There may be more than one of these issues present in a single address
entry. What I'm trying to do right now is find the length of the first
three words after the home address (5654), then use the longest and
2nd longest to see which has a better matching rate. But nearmrg or
strgroup may work much better.

Patrick